When it comes to your night time ritual and you hit the sack, how comfortable do you sleep? Many people might answer that question by saying that they don’t really sleep that well, while others are happy to say that they have a really great sleeping experience. It’s all about doing the things that you can in order to have the best sleeping experience possible every single night.
Read on to find out about our top tips for enhancing your sleep, every single night. Why not embrace the land of sleep? Scroll down and see how you can have a better night time rest session and ditch your mediocre sleep for good!
4 Things You Should Do for a Comfortable Sleeping Experience
1. Consider buying an organic mattress.
An organic mattress is a great idea if you love high-quality things or have allergies in any sort of way. You can find organic mattresses in Seattle or any other city that’s home to companies that meet the needs of people who are allergic to dander and dust. There are hypoallergenic options and other types of organic mattresses in Seattle that you can peruse, so see what’s out there! If you’re looking for a latex mattress, they probably have a latex mattress or two available, as well, so just ask!
2. Get Egyptian cotton or silk sheets for your bed.
Some material blends are higher quality than others. It’s important to sift through the many different types of sheets available in order to find the most comfortable ones for you. Silk or Egyptian cotton are some of the softest materials you can find for sheets. So long as they are 100% made of that material, you are good to go and know that they are high quality (but check the thread count just in case).
3. Change over your pillow cases at least twice a week.
Nothing beats the feeling of putting your face onto a crisp, freshly washed pillowcase. Washing your sheets and your pillowcases is a great way to enhance your feeling of luxury and ease when going to bed at night. You should be washing them at least twice a week and twice as often as you wash your sheets, and people don’t really think about the amount of bacteria and dead skin that builds up on their pillows, but it’s a lot! So you’re saving yourself from future breakouts at the same time, which is good.
4. Essential Oils.
Essential oils are the key to making everything better when it comes to bedtime. Releasing some scents into your room could improve your sleep a lot. Try lavender for relaxation or chamomile for calming to get you to drift right off to sleep for the best eight hours you’ve ever got.
Tips for Sleeping Better
– See a sleep specialist if you sleep poorly. Your breathing may be related to sleep apnea and it could be interfering with your rest.
– Put on relaxing music on an app on your phone at night. This lets you not only avoid the bright screen but have an automatic timer running so that it shuts off while you drift off to sleep.
– Put on a sleep mask and shut off any bright lights an hour before going to sleep. Blue light keeps the mind up and can interfere with proper rest.